Saturday, March 23, 2013

Time marches on !

My brother was scanning some old photographs today, and sent me a few, the first photo around 40 years ago, before time, age and decrepitude crept up on me. I had forgotten how good looking I was when I was young LOL. I never had an issue with weight, and diets never crossed my mind, until I became a diabetic (5 years ago to the day on Monday) and obese. At diagnosis I weighed over two hundred pounds and at 5ft 7” that is obese I can tell you. Last year my wife took the second pic. Over 50lbs lighter. And four years on 50 carbs per day diet. Looking back at the old photograph, I appear to be in better shape 40 years on. As I often tell people, type two diabetes can be a life sentence, not a death sentence. It certainly kicked me up the butt.

Eddie






No comments:

Post a Comment