Thursday, January 31, 2013

Putting type two diabetes into perspective.


Type two diabetes is a chronic disease, there is no cure. Unfortunately teenagers are now succumbing. That being said, it can be controlled, and a long and active life should be the norm for the well controlled. Today I read a news item that puts type two into perspective. A very young Woman killed in a riding accident. My Wife and I photograph young people in sport, and over the years we have known of  young people dying on the sports field. Fortunately this is very rare, but no less devastating for the families and friends involved. When I read of type two diabetics, moaning and whinging about having to drop certain foods, and change their lifestyle to control a chronic disease, it sickens me. Get real, how many  other chronic diseases can be controlled by dropping certain foods and getting off your butt ? None that I know of.

Eddie

A tragic news item here.

No comments:

Post a Comment